Directions to Apart Carmen in Sölden
Your quickest way to the Ötztal Valley – Tyrol
Arriving by car
To drive on the Austrian motorways, you need to buy a “vignette”, available at the border crossings into Austria.
From the West:
From Vorarlberg to Tirol over the Arlbergpass or through Arlbergtunnel (S 16) – Landeck – Autobahn A 12 towards Innsbruck – Ötztal exit after the Roppener Tunnel – B 186 (35km) to Sölden
From the North:
– Bad Tölz – Achenpaß – B 181 – Jenbach – A 12 Innsbruck towards Bregenz – Ötztal exit – B 186 (35km) to Sölden
– Pfronten – Reutte – Fernpaß – Imst – A 12 towards Innsbruck – Ötztal exit after the Roppener Tunnel or B 171 Tyrol Straße to the Ötztal (vignette-free) – B 186 (35km) to Sölden
– Garmisch Partenkirchen – Ehrwald – Lermoss – Fernpaß – Imst – A 12 towards Innsbruck – Ötztal exit after the Roppener Tunnel or B 171 Tyrol Straße to the Ötztal (vignette-free) – B 186 (35km) to Sölden
– Garmisch Partenkirchen – Mittenwald – Scharnitz – Seefeld in Tyrol – Telfs – A 12 towards Bregenz – Ötztal exit or B 171 Tyrol Straße to the Ötztal (vignette-free) – B186 (35km) to Sölden
From the East:
From Munich or Salzburg, take the A 93 to Kufstein, then the A 12 towards Bregenz, via Innsbruck to the Ötztal exit, then continue on the B 186 (35km) to Sölden
From the South:
From Bolzano towards Brenner (toll road) – Brenner Autobahn (toll station) Schönberg towards Innsbruck – from Innsbruck on the A 12 towards Bregenz to the Ötztal turning – then on the B 186 (35km) to Sölden
Arriving by train
The train takes you conveniently and safely to “Ötztal” railway station, and a public bus leaves from in front of the station for Obergurgl. The bus journey to Sölden takes about 1 – 1.5 hours, and gives you great views of the Tyrolean mountains.
Arriving by plane
Innsbruck is the nearest airport; there are scheduled flights from all over Europe each day.
From Innsbruck airport, take the train to Ötztal. The train goes as far as Ötztal railway station, where you change to the public bus or taxi through the valley. Local taxi services are available for transfers to and from the surrounding airports.
Directions in Sölden
- Get to the church in the centre of the resort
- Turn left at “Intersport Glanzer”, G exit
- Go past the Central Hotel
- Continual over the “Ötztaler Ache “river
- About 250 m after the “Hotel Erhart”, turn left
- You will find parking for your car, and your hosts will be expecting you.